Experienced Senior Project Manager for Plant Engineering - Copenhagen
Are you passionate about project management and are you an experienced and skilled senior project manager? Do you have experience with green field for the process industry and/or within plant engineering projects and are you motivated to join a company with a unique culture and community?
At DIS, we are experiencing an increase in demand from our customers, who are among the largest and most recognized companies in the industry, and we are therefore looking for a skilled Senior Project Manager to join our Project Management Team in Copenhagen.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager at senior level for an important strategic project for DIS/CREADIS within green field project management. You will take the lead on the project and advise accordingly on all matters relating to setting up a greenfield manufacturing site.
The project contains all professional disciplines within an engineering project from conceptual design to hand over to the costumer, and the ambition is a manufacturing site at the highest digital level.
The project is anticipated to last approximately 2 years, afterwards there will be options to continue within the Plant Engineering business in DIS/CREADIS or other projects.
Traveling during the overall project execution must be expected. (50-70 days/year).
Your main responsibilities
• Provide leadership of the project and project team, both in Denmark and abroad
• Overall project management of all involved disciplinary groups such as process engineering, civil, electrical/automation, piping, HVAC, quality amongst other
• Contract management in relation to suppliers, contractors, and consultants
• Planning, budgets, estimating, and reporting including timely project status updates, stakeholder information, budget estimates, risk assessments, etc.
• Ensure scope management and change order handling
• Stakeholder management and conduct steering committee meetings, both internal and with the customer
• Execute project plans in a disciplined manner ensuring planning objectives including budget, schedule, quality, and safety are met or exceeded
• Ensure oversight of all plans, designs and estimates time and cost during project initiation and design phases through to the construction phase
• Other duties not listed in this description might be asked of this position
• Demonstrated experience with major capital projects
• Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to manage through influence and collaborate globally
• Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
• Demonstrated expertise in mentoring/team development, change management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of facility/process/manufacturing engineering in a process environment
• Ability to manage various priorities and timelines and to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
• Experience with contract management and negotiation with contractors and suppliers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Danish
• BS degree in a technical discipline (Engineering; mechanical, chemical, electrical preferred)
• 10+ years' project management experience leading capital projects and operational engineering activity up to director level preferable from the process, pharmaceutical or oil/gas industry
• Experience in managing international technical project teams and working across multiple functions to achieve common goal
• PRINCE2 or IPMA certification preferred
Personally, beside your professional project management attitude you are a strong people manager and can work within both the management and leadership role. You make decisions and get these executed - and can get the project teams with you. Furthermore, you handle your stakeholders professional and keep them timely informed/up to date, and you are results oriented with the ability to demonstrate resilience, ownership, and drive.
At DIS, professionalism, development and a sense of community are important keywords
At DIS, you will be assigned a buddy who will help you during the first months of employment, so you quickly feel at home at DIS and become part of our community. We constantly focus on developing our employees and DIS as a workplace. We employ more than 500 employees in offices in Denmark and abroad. Here we focus on a good workplace, and we have always been ambitious about DIS being a unique place to work, where you as an employee are challenged with exciting projects – at DIS it must be fun to go to work!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please send your application, CV, and diplomas via our online recruitment system. We appreciate a motivated application where you clarify how you can contribute to DIS’ continued growth and development. Applications will be processed, and interviews held on an ongoing basis.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Fill in your full name and e-mail address to access DIS’ online recruitment system. Once you have completed the form you will receive an e-mail and you can log in to send your application. Read more about DIS’ recruitment process here